Technology for Students
All WCSD students will receive a distrct managed device to utilize for school work during the 2021-22 school year. Elementary tudents will use this device for in class learning and will bring the device home when needed as determined by the classroom teacher. Students in grades 6-8 will keep their device with them at all times, taking it to and from home. 6-8th grade students are responsible for keeping their device charged for school. use.
Transitional Kindergarten through First Grade students are assigned an iPad, while all second through eighth grade students are assigned a Chromebook. Students are required to use district devices for all school purposes as these devices are regularly updated with safety software and updated applications through the district device management system.
WCSD has designated online platforms to complete the following: communicate learning expectations, deliver instruction, collect and return student work, communicate student progress, and provide academic support.
- TK- 2nd grade has access to SeeSaw.
- 3rd - 8th grade will utilize Google Classroom.
Please submit any technology needs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Privacy, Safety, and Digital Citizenship
While your child is completing digital homeowrk, it's important to ensure proper supervision of technology use. If your child is logged into a district-issued Chromebook using assigned Walnut Creek School District Google accounts (@walnutcreeksd.org), browsing is filtered to limit access to appropriate sites. Our best efforts to filter student browsing while off-campus is not a substitute for parental oversight of student work to ensure they are compliant with Digital Citizenship guidelines and Walnut Creek School District's Board policy for Student Use of Technology.
Please review Student Use of Technology Board Policy (BP 163.4) with your child.
Parents too have responsibilities to adhere to appropriate Digital Citizenship. Please follow these guidelines:
- Do not take pictures or screenshots of online activities that include students other than your own.
- Do not interact with others through your child's SeeSaw or Google Classroom as these platforms are reserved for student/teacher interaction only.
- Ensure your child adheres to Digital Citizenship expectations. You may review the Digital Citizenship slides on the right with your child.
4. Watch this important video and understand your role in protecting student privacy under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Student Access to Technology
If your child does not know their username or password for their WCSD Google login, please contact your school principal.
If your family is having technology issues that are impacting your child's ability to access learning, please following the Technology Helpdesk Workflow below.