Parkmead Active Learning School (PALS)Parkmead Active Learning School (PALS) is a Walnut Creek School District (WCSD) public, alternative elementary school program with an interactive, multi-age format. The program has flourished for 25 years.
More about the Program:PALS is tuition-free and the program's enrollment policy is open and nondiscriminatory. Space in the PALS program is currently limited to six classes. PALS teachers incorporate the curriculum in use throughout the Walnut Creek School District. PALS is a family-oriented program in which parents are active participants in many different ways. Visit the PALS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) website for more information.
- The program is based on student engagement through hands-on learning and real world experiences.
- The program encourages parent participation which leads to unique hands-on multi-cultural enrichment and additional field trips.
- The program has six multi-grade classrooms (two kindergarten/first grade classrooms, two second grade/third grade classrooms, and two fourth grade/fifth grade classrooms).
- The PALS program and the neighborhood school, Parkmead Community School (PCS), function in many ways as one school.
- The program is open to any student residing within the Walnut Creek School District boundaries.